Neurodivergent Leadership Committee
Questions to guide folks interested in submitting to the CNLD conference when the topic is research on autism and neurodivergence:
1. What is the researcher’s positionality/social location?
2. What is their commitment to the politics of autism/autism advocacy (e.g. ASAN, AWN, AFI)?
3. Is the research focused solely on parents? (If so, this might pose more questions.)
4. Is the researcher actively incorporating perspectives from autistic and otherwise neurodivergent people? What is their relation to the autistic and otherwise neurodivergent Latinxs participating in this study?
5. What is the theoretical/action-oriented framework underpinning the research and does it include a Neurodiversity approach?
6. What kind of language is used in the materials? (‘Individuals with autism’ is not terminology the autistic community accepts.)
7. Does it deal with professional intervention in a way that is both reflective of and responsive to autistic authored materials on institutional intervention?
8. Is autism framed under the medical model/DSM? Does it problematize this framing?